Aging, End-of-Life and Bereavement resources in and around the Portland Metro area.
100 E 33rd Street, Suite 201 Vancouver, WA 98663
6975 SW Sandburg St., Ste. 190 Portland, Oregon 97223
"Keeping pets and Families together during Hospice"
14508 NE 20th Ave #201, Vancouver, WA 98686
In-Home Health Care
- Adeo Home Care
7145 SW Varns Street, Suite 104, Tigard OR 97223
Adventist Health - Home Care
- Amedisys Home Health Care
NE – 503-253-5155
SW – 503-619-1020
Comfort Keepers - Home Cargivers
19365 SW 65th Ave., #205 Tualatin, OR 97062
Home Instead Senior Care - Elder Care - Aging in Place
East Portland – 503-335-0626
West Portland – 503-248-0695
Washington County – 503-530-1527
Vancouver, WA – 360-253-6028
- Home Watch Care Givers
Right At Home - Caregiving at Home
- Sinai Family Home Services
In-Home Medical Equipment
- Long Term Loan Program
104 SW Clay St, Portland, 97201
All in One Mobility Home Medical Equipment
12833 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97230
- Adventist Health Home Medical Equipment
5835 NE 122nd Ave, #105, Portland, OR 97230
Option 1 Nutrition Solutions - Food Delivery
The Grocery Bag - Residential Grocery Delivery
Store to Door of Oregon - Home Food Delivery Services
2145 NW Overton St., Portland, OR 97210
Family Caregiver Daytime Respite Care
- Lambert House
2600 S.E. 170th Ave., Portland OR 97236
- Marie Smith Health & Social Center
4616 N. Albina Ave. Portland, OR
- Columbia Medical Alarm Inc.
Offering Philips Lifeline service to the Portland / Vancouver Areas
- American Medical Response
Compassion and Choices of Oregon Advanced Directives Forms
A variety of forms available for download incluidng dementia provision, values worksheets, and more.
Oregon POLST Registry - Advanced Directives - Medical Wishes
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd. CDW-EM Portland, OR 97239
- Five Wishes for End-of-Life Advanced Directives
FIve Wishes lets your family and doctors know your final wishes.
- US Living Will Registry for Documenting End-of-Life Wishes
Online advance directive registry, offers secure access of advance directives to healthcare professionals anytime, anywhere.
Portland Adventist Medical Center Grief Classes/Support Meetings
10123 S.E. Market St. Portland, Oregon 97216
- Providence St. Vincent Hospital Medical Ctr.
10 to 11:30 a.m., first and third Tuesdays, Pastoral Care Conference Room
7 to 8:30 p.m., second and fourth Tuesdays, Conference Room 3
9205 S.W. Barnes Rd., Portland, Oregon 97225
- Tuality Community Hospital
Surviving the Loss
335 S.E. 8th, Hillsboro, Oregon 97123
- Health & Lifestyle Center
1885 NW 185th Ave, Aloha, OR 97006
- SW Washington Medical Center
Grief and Bereavement Support Group
P.O. Box 1600
Vancouver, Washington 98668
- Providence Portland Medical Center
11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., first and third Tuesdays, Pastoral Care Conference Room
4:30 to 6 p.m., second and fourth Tuesdays, Pastoral Care Conference Room
4805 NE Glisan St., Portland, OR 97213
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center
1:30 to 3 p.m., second and fourth Tuesdays, Providence Willamette Falls Community Center
1500 Division St., Oregon City, OR 97045
Children's Grief and Bereavement Care
- Legacy Hospice
2275 NE McDaniel Lane McMinnville, OR 97128
Camp Erin - Grief Support for Kids
6410 NE Halsey St., Suite 300 Portland, OR 97213
- Me, Too. and Company Children's Grief Support Group
P. O. Box 10796, Portland, OR 97296
Dying with Dignity
- Compassion & Choices - End of Life Choice - Advanced Directives
- Compassion of Oregon - Local Choices at End-of-Life
- Death with Dignity - End of Life Wishes
- Exit International - A Peaceful Death is Everybody's Right
- Final Exit Network - Supporting Human Right to Death with Dignity
- Sacred Dying - Spirituality, through presence and ritual, into the physical act of dying
- Dignity in Dying - Demanding Greater Choice and Control at End of Life
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medice - Blog
- Kairos Network Blog
- Before I Die I Want To...
News and Magazine Articles
- 2011 - January 24: New York Times - "With Poem, Broaching the Topic of Death"
- 2010 - October 7: Prospect Magazine - "Matters of life & Death"
- 2010 - June 18: New York Times - "What Broke My Father's Heart"
- 2010 - January 11: New York Times - "Facing End-of-Life Talks, Doctors Choose to Wait"
- 2009 - September 14: Newsweek - "The Bitter End"
- Oregon's Death with Dignity Act
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services - Organ Donation
- Hemlock Society
If you know of or offer other resources you feel would be helpful for folks, please let us know so we can add them to this page. We thank you for your input.